Most brides want their weddings to be unique. Some are satisfied with creating awe-inspiring decor while others prefer to experience the thrill of adventure. If you are a bride who wants a bit of both experiences, a destination wedding may be right for you. However, before you make your final decision it is important for you to weigh both the pros and the cons.
- The experience of another culture. Destination weddings often occur in another country. Experiencing another culture can be a fun and exhilarating experience.
- Fewer guests. Since your destination wedding may occur in another country it is highly unlikely that guests will be able to afford the plane fare to attend your wedding. This means that you can limit your guest list to a few people and have a more intimate wedding.
- Captivating scenery. Destination weddings often occur in countries that have luscious vegetation and pristine beaches. These features can offer the perfect scene for your wedding.
- Move straight from the wedding into your honeymoon. It is quite likely that you will be having your destination wedding at a hotel. This means that you could get a special wedding and honeymoon package so that when the wedding is over you can stay a few more days for the honeymoon.
- The costs may be greater than having a local wedding. This isn’t always necessarily the case though. So, it is advisable for you to check the prices and do comparative analysis.
- Your guest list will be smaller. If you are someone who likes large weddings, a destination wedding may not be ideal for you. Your guest list may be a tad bit smaller than you originally planned if you give your guests at least one year’s notice. However, if you give them short notice then they will have less time to prepare. So, far fewer people will attend.
- The unfamiliarity of the culture. Some people are able to embrace another culture graciously. Others are less able to do so. Additionally, being unfamiliar with the culture makes it less likely that you’ll know when you’re being swindled especially if you choose not to use a local wedding planner.
I think destination weddings are wonderful ideas. If you can afford it then go for it! However, don’t neglect to weigh both the pros and the cons.
For more information about destination weddings click here.